Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rock On!


I am glad I got to fit in a challenge today. This card really fit with the day. At the junior high in which I teach, we are 7 school days away from school being out. Michelle came into my room singing today, feeling that would be a way to keep sane. We then proceeded to sing down the hallway.

See, that's the thing about being a teacher of middle school students: you have a built-in excuse to never grow up. You can sing down the hallway and some students think you are a nutcase. Others don't see anything out of the ordinary. Your colleagues completely understand why you must find ANY way to make it through the last week of school without going completely nuts.

So, here's to you, Michelle, with your brand-spankin' new Master's degree. Rock on, Grasshopper.
Now, a little about the card. Do you not just love the American Crafts paper? They have created a line of awesome, bold colors that are just fabulous. Here's another card with American Crafts paper. What you can't see is that it has a really good weight to it. It's not "paper thin." I love the scallopped layering of this one.

For the Ways to Use It Challenge, we were to use an "Inchie." I used an "Un-Button" from Little Black Dress Designs. They gave them to people who went to their session at CKC Kansas City, and I thought it was perfect for this. They come unpunched, and I actually punched mine with my Crop-A-Dile (like buttah). I chose to put a rub-on sentiment on it, but you can also use a lot of media on it... stamps, inks, pastels, etc.

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: American Crafts Play "Scooter", SU! Only Orange
Rub-Ons: Wordsworth
Embellishments: Star brads (Making Memories? not sure), Paper Wire (DMD Industries)
"Inchie": Un-button (Little Black Dress Designs)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! Love the scallops and colors on that dp! Rock on, sistah! Summer is on the horizon...