Saturday, January 2, 2016

Because one project is never enough...

I decided to do a One Little Word album this year.  My word is "real."

For January, Ali offers many journaling opportunities.  I have completed a few, and a few will take some time for me to think.  Here's what I have so far.
This is the cover of the grey binder Ali was offering (It has since sold out).

With the class comes some digital downloads.  The word "real" was written digitally by me!  I used my Wacom tablet, and finally got it to where I liked the script.  This is housed in a 3 x 8 page protector that came with the album kit.  Beneath it is a divider for January from Ali.

Ali provides the digital files and the inspiration for this page.  In the upper right-hand corner, she also used a transparency and some circle chipboard.  I did not want to put chip board over my transparency that I found at Michaels.  Here's a better look.

On the flipside of that are more digital files, under which I wrote my thoughts.  Ali offers several other card options, but I went with her lead.

She offers these next two pages, but  am still pondering my responses on them.  To me, they require quite a bit of thought about my word.  Here's what they look like sans journaling.

So, there you have it.  The unPlanner, the Fit program, and One Little Word.  Looks like it will be quite a creative 2016!

The unPlanner Begins!

I am taking a departure from my craft comfort zone as I participate in the unPlanner through Art to the 5th Academy. There is direction, yet freedom, thank goodness.  Tonight, I worked on some of the January first week prompt offered by the class.

Since the theme of January is "Going Out On A Limb," I decided to incorporate that into the binder cover.

I used Papertrey Ink's Mighty Oak stamp and die set.  I also incorporated all sorts of inks that I had in my stash.  I stamped the trunk directly on the cover, then stamped, die cut, and adhered each leaf.

The final touch included stamping the sentiment and adding some grass with my Prismacolor pencil.

I am not sure I am finished with the cover (I am thinking of a simple frame, but I am fearful to go one step too far), but I think this is an awesome start.

Also for this week, we were to work on a divider.  Those who got their kits earlier than I had a BoBunny divider kit to work with which is, alas, no longer made.  So, I used an idea I had learned during the December Daily, and I used my packaging from that to create a divider.  I cut a kraft tag in half and adhered that with Tacky Tape.

I then stamped the "Jan." from a PTI kit that had not seen ink: Clip Tips.  The stars are hand drawn with my Gelly Roll white pen.  I love these pens.

Next was to print the calendar provided. (click on photo for a larger look)

The washi tape on the side is actually from the page underneath, but I think it looks pretty cool peeking through.  I put a couple of things in that I knew were true so far.

I did not feel like dealing with hole reinforcers as art, although I think the idea is a fun one from the class.  Instead, I scribbled some circles around the holes.

 My month and my cloud were both heat embossed with Stampin' Up! white embossing powder.  The January stamp is from Stampin' Up's Day to Day set.  The cloud is from the Hero Arts/Studio Calico Hooray set (I think it may have been discontinued).

We were also to work on the first weekly printout.  Here's mine with some Stampin' Up! Bohemian washi to accent.

The doodle circles returned!

There you have it.  The start of my going a bit outside of my comfort box (other artists are majorly adding steps...).  I loved getting my stamps inked!