Sunday, May 25, 2008

Featured Stamper

Today's Featured Stamper is Denise, aka peanutbee on Splitcoast. Her gallery is filled with really nice work. It's worth the time to peruse.

I chose to CASE her card for the April GKD Color Contest. The first thing that caught my eye was how she used a semicircle for her sentiment. I started off with that thought, but the image and sentiment I used, my new Pretty Birds set from Cornish Heritage Farms, just would not work out that way.

I was so excited when I saw this set hanging in a nearby scrapbook store. This store, Scrapbook Friend'z (pronounced "frenzy") in Bloomington, has evolved a lot since it opened. They have REALLY stepped up the stamps they carry. I had been hemming and hawing over this set, loving lots of what I saw on SCS with that cute little owl. So, I just went ahead and bought it. I do not know why I suffer through decisions like that and can impulse buy on other stuff.

Back to the card! I decided to also try the "drunken watercolor" technique on Jody Morrow's blog. She has great instructions and photos. I really can fake some Copic coloring with this one! I used the technique for the bird, the branch, and the leaves. I paper pierced accenting the circular sentiment. I used my corner rounder to scallop the edge of the moss panel. I pieced the bird onto the branch (looks masked, I know).

My picture is taken with my new Nikon D60. I literally have just been experimenting. Look at this picture of Max I took! That was just pointing, shooting, and having little idea of what I was doing. I will be doing a lot of learning this summer.
Size: 4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Brocade Blue and Mellow Moss, Papertrey white, Webster's Pages Vintage Home Collection "Shenendoah"
Ink: (All images stamped then colored with "drunken" Aquapainter and markers) SU! Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, and Mellow Moss
Stamps: Pretty Birds (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ribbon: SU! Mellow Moss taffeta



No comments: