Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Most Underappreciated

Today's SCS Ways to Use It Challenge asked us to use pleats or ruffles. I wish I was courageous enough to bust out the sewing machine, but a bit of Mono Adhesive is going to have to do. I also got at least a start of color idea from Kristina Werner's color challenge #7. It strayed a bit and included some green, but otherwise, I think I stayed true to that challenge as well.

These cards are for some of the most underappeciated people in our school: our counseling staff. These phenomenal women try to assist a caseload of about 700 students. With the increasing needs of our student population, that is an unrealistic number of students to aid. We feel very uplifted by our counselors, who always seem to be there when we need them. Tomorrow, we will celebrate "Counselor Appreciation Day." These cards are for them.

I had a challenge with the ovals. I have several oval cutters (no punches). I have a Coluzze, which frustrated me. I also have a Creative Memories oval cutting system, which is hit or miss depending on if I remember which blade cuts which size. I also have my Cricut, which I did not bust out this evening. I think they turned out fine, but not without some words, if you know what I mean.
I incorporated the pleats with SU! Chocolate Chip twill. I created three pleats and embellished them with brads. I like that little accent.

The cards are fairly simple, which is good when making multiple cards. I tried to alter the design each time, and each counselor will get an SU! Define Your Life definition that makes me think of her.
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Stamps: SU! Define Your Life (happy, zeal, gratitude, and you)
Paper: Courtyard Plaid (Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls), SU! Very Vanilla and Soft Sky
Embellishments: SU! Chocolate Chip twill and Spare Parts brads

No comments: