Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Delight in Life

What an ironic title. I just spent the last hour trying to withstand a meltdown with my three year old. He still wimpers as I type this, as a matter of fact. I began this card almost three hours ago.

This fulfills SCS Color Challenge 166, which combines SU! Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, and Ruby Red. I started with the simplest of plans... the color blocking. I just could not figure out where I wanted to add the Ruby Red. I decided to use it as a flower accent. I also spent a lot of time trying different embossing so as to combine yetserday's challenge with this one, to no avail.
This is definitely not a trio of colors I would have put together on my own. It's good to go outside the "box" every now and then.
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Soft Sky, Afternoon Tea DSP, Ultrasmooth White
Ink: SU! Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Forest Foliage, and Chocolate Chip
Stamps: SU! Delight in Life
Embellishments: Sheer white ribbon, Velvet Brad (Spare Parts), Dimensionals

No comments: