Sunday, May 11, 2008

Je t'aime

This week's SCS Featured Stamper is Jennifer Meyer, aka Lovetostamp6 on Splitcoast. What I admire about Jennifer's work is that, when she toys with a stamp set, you can see that she uses one set in various ways. Take a peek at her gallery to see what I mean.

I chose to CASE her "Spring Silhouettes" card. Her design was lovely, and, as you can see, I didn't alter much from it. Here's what I changes in my CASE:

~I used Blue Bayou, which is a darker shade of blue than the Soft Sky Jennifer chose.

~I did not have the embossing folder she chose, so I used the Fiskars Fabric template for my white matting behind the heart and my blue horizontal band.

~I did not use pearls and ribbon with my Hodgepodge Hardware. I chose instead to try out my Bow-Easy. It worked pretty well, considering I was not too sure what I was doing! Creating Keepsakes has a tutorial on its website for this tool. I bought it in October at CKC Kansas City, but have been a big chicken as far as using it is concerned. Of course, I did not watch the tutorial... so typically me... but I think it came out OK none the less.

~My sentiment says, "Je t'aime," (je tem), which is French for, "I love you."
I have to say that the card is very pretty, but it's mostly Jennifer's concept. I like the way she layered the heart. I layered mine using Pop-Up glue dots (for just a little rise). I used Winter White heat embossing powder (I think Jennifer did, too, but I couldn't tell).
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Blue Bayou, Prints DSP in Blue Bayou, White cardstock
Stamps: SU! Always, Papertrey Ink
Embossing: Versa Mark Watermark ink, SU! Winter White embossing powder, Fiskars Fabric embossing template
Ribbon: Sheer white (Michaels?); Bow-Easy
Hardware: SU! Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware

No comments: