Friday, May 30, 2008

The Devil Wears Prada

Saturday's Inspiration Challenge calls for us to be inspired by dresses we see in the movies. I have to say, I was digging way back to get to a movie that did not have an animated character in it. I distinctly recall seeing The Devil Wears Prada with some friends, and I figured--- what better place to find an inspiring dress than in that movie?

[Enter Hathaway] Ann Hathaway wears this gorgeous outfit. I love it, but if I wore it I would also be wearing a lot of other things... ketchup, diet soda, bird poop... I would be a walking target for mishaps. So, I live vicariously through her character... the point of a movie, yes?
As soon as I saw this picture, I knew what paper I wanted to use: SEI Jolie Chocolat Noisette and my white velvet SEI paper. I embossed the velvet paper with Fiskars' fabric template to give it more of the texture of her coat. Her bag and gloves made me think of the patterned metallic paper from SEI. I added the bling brads because... well, isn't it obvious? The ribbon was a technique that I have seen done on a few cards at SCS, particularly {Holly} Toy's cards. It was way easier than I expected. It was a way of tying in Ann's hat without getting out knitting needles. Finally, the sentiment---what other sentiment would do?
Size: 5 3/16 x 4 1/4 inches
Paper: Bazzill textured gray, SEI white velvet, and SEI Jolie Chocolat Noisette
Stamp: SU! Amazing to Zany
Ribbon: SU! Basic Gray and Creamy Caramel taffeta
Ink: SU! Basic Gray
Brads: SU! Pretties

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cool card, I love the textures...
fellow SCSer

jjcreations said...

You did a fabulous job with this. I'm having trouble finding a dress!!!LOL. Great card. Joan