Saturday, May 24, 2008

Eat Dessert First

Today's card is inspired by the advertisement to the left. For IC129, our submissions were to be inspired by this or several other ads from F. Schumacher & Co.

First, I looked at colors. This ad might as well have been a color swatch for my patterned papers. Love these colors! So I laid some out to determine which to use. I ended up using two separate papers, one from the Bohemia collection from My Mind's Eye, the other from the Urban Window collection from We R Memory Keepers. I decided that the velvet brown trim on the chair was an essential texture tie-in for me. Hence, my strip of velvet ribbon. To give some embellishment balance, I added three dots from the Thickers Felt Pajamas stickers. I hope my picture accents both of these textures.


I inked the base of the card with Color Box Dark Moss Cat's Eye Chalk ink. Otherwise, it looked kind of drab. I inked the sides of the sentiment with my Old Olive marker. I love this sentiment. Just got it today with my Frugalities order. It inked and stamped beautifully.

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Cardstock: SU! Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Bohemian Collection, We R Memory Keepers Urban Window Collection
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, and Old Olive; Color Box Dark Moss Chalk Cat's Eye
Ribbon: Oriental Trading
Accents: Thickers Felt Stickers - Pajamas

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Frugalities ... love the velevet and felt textures too ... wonderful inspired card.

Blogger said...

Want To Increase Your ClickBank Traffic And Commissions?

Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.