Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wow...retirement

I got an e-mail from a high school chum the other day. Said one of our classmates retired. She's 38 (maybe 39). Is that insane or what?
Well, my profession does not allow for terribly early retirements like that unless you are Doogie Howser. Today's card is for a husband and wife who are retiring together. I had to balance the male (colors) and female (ribbon, scallopped circle) elements. I loved this sentiment, which is an epoxy sticker. I used Beate's weekend sketch as a guide for my layout, and some scraps from Saturday's card because I had not yet returned them to their home.

Imagine the fun it was to try to get a good, glare-free shot of this ribbon and this sticker at night. I am amazed I had a decent one to share. The sentiment says, "Goodbye Tension Hello Pension."

I think I'll retire... to bed, that is... after this one.


Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: Bazzill brown, SU! Chocolate Chip and True Thyme, My Mind's Eye Bohemian Collection
Sentiment Sticker: Reminisce Time to Relax
Ribbon: SU! Chocolate Chip wide taffeta... yum

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JoLynn, your card turned out beautiful! I love the colors and paper you chose.

Have a great week! Happy Memorial Day!
Hugs and smiles