Friday, May 16, 2008

Alphabet Sets

If you had spoken to me 5 years ago about buying a stamp set for lettering, I would have scoffed at you. I mean, come on. $30 for a set of stamps that make lettering I can do myself?! Why?

Then came my first set, some tiny Wal-Mart set. Then, my first SU! set, Alphabet Attitude. Then, well, let's just say it was all downhill for my checkbook from there.
I still do some of my own lettering. However, stamps ensure consistency in sizing for me that sometimes gets sloppy when I am freehanding.

Today's challenge card required that we use alphabet stamps for the main sentiment. I decided to merge my two worlds (Sooo "West Side Story!"). I used one of my FAVORITE sets, Boulder Skyline from Technique Tuesday. I just purchased Boulder Slopes (on sale at a local scrapbook store!) to coordinate (it's the inner scribble). However, my very own hand wrote the "happy" and "birthday" script. So there.

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: PTI white, Paper Studio Cool Lavender and Cool Large Flowers, SU! Certainly Celery
Ink: SU! Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue
Stamps: Technique Tuesday Boulder Skyline and Boulder Slopes (lowercase)
Button: Making Memories Animal Crackers Felt Shaped Button - Jack
Thread: DMD Industries Paper Wire
Accessories: Dimensionals

No comments: