Thursday, May 8, 2008

Triple Threat

Yes, it's true. Due to being bogged down by grading {except a night of cute card creations at Karen's}, I have been away from challenges for a few days. So tonight, I thought I would attempt three challenges with one birthday card.
Color Challenge 165: Lovely Lilac, Pretty in Pink, and Certainly Celery


Here's how I tried to meet the challenges:

Color: My base is Certainly Celery. I used Lovely Lilac and Certainly Celery for matting. I used Lovely Lilac for ink. I used Certainly Celery Prints DSP for my Bella's pants. I used Certainly Celery marker (along with Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa) for other parts of my Bella. I colored the chipboard with Lovely Lilac and Certainly Celery. The DSP on the circles has some Lovely Lilac. My Bella's cocktail uses Pretty in Pink, as well as silver Gelly Roll pen.

Sketch Challenge: I tried to stay as true to the sketch as possible.

Ways to Use It Challenge: I affixed (using Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue) the DSP on to a circular piece of chipboard from Technique Tuesday's Technique Tiles FUNdamental Rings. I sanded the circles. I colored some Gift Box unfinished chipboard Thickers with Lovely Lilac and Certainly Celery and used them to accent the circles and give some balance and definition.

I LOVE how this card came out. It's my first Bella, and, frankly, I may be hooked. {Thanks, Karen!}

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 inches
Stamps: Cosmobella (Stamping Bella), Twisted Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper: SU! Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, Pickles DSP, Prints DSP
Stickers: American Crafts Gift Box unfinished chipboard Thickers
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Other: Dimensionals

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Love this card! And believe me, I know the feeling of being bogged down by grading--you'll notice my gallery has very few recent photos. THINK SUMMER!

jjcreations said...

Hey, how did I miss this....I love how you have the little circles around the outside...very cool. Joan