Monday, May 26, 2008

CosmoBella Stamp

I loved today's Technique Lover's Challenge. We had to choose one of the first ten Technique Challenges, one of the first ten Sketch Challenges, and one of the first ten Color Challenges. For each challenge below, I have linked to its original gallery.

The technique I chose was from TLC02: Faux Postage. A tutorial is found here, but I only used a portion of the template. I also did not have clear acetate, but I used white cardstock and held it up to light to align it. That worked fairly well. I tried to do three stamps, but I found that it is very hard to do them to be identical. So, I settled for one. I also changed the postage to 42 cents. Don't know how long that will be accurate! :)
The sketch I chose was SC05. It was fairly straightforward and very close to Beate's weekend sketch for this week.

The colors I chose were from CC02: Ruby Red, Barely Banana, and Not Quite Navy. I thought they would be good since this was for a summer birthday card.

This card took FOREVER to make because one thing or another kept screwing up. I tried multiple stamps, but something kept going wrong. Smudges, smears, gross imperfections (I could have handled little ones). Finally, I decided on the design. I think the DSP is more Real Red than Ruby Red, but the Cosmo is Ruby Red colored with an Aquapainter of alcohol (how appropriate!). I used the same coloring technique for her shirt.

I think many would agree that our gal, Bella, should be on a stamp. :)
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Barely Banana, Not Quite Navy, and Prints DSP, Papertrey white
Stamp: CosmoBella, SU! Lots of Thoughts
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa
Ribbon: Michael's Special Value Ribbon... frayed a LOT
Brad: SU! Build a Brad with Prints DSP

No comments: