The technique I chose was from TLC02: Faux Postage. A tutorial is found here, but I only used a portion of the template. I also did not have clear acetate, but I used white cardstock and held it up to light to align it. That worked fairly well. I tried to do three stamps, but I found that it is very hard to do them to be identical. So, I settled for one. I also changed the postage to 42 cents. Don't know how long that will be accurate! :)
The sketch I chose was SC05. It was fairly straightforward and very close to Beate's weekend sketch for this week.
The colors I chose were from CC02: Ruby Red, Barely Banana, and Not Quite Navy. I thought they would be good since this was for a summer birthday card.
This card took FOREVER to make because one thing or another kept screwing up. I tried multiple stamps, but something kept going wrong. Smudges, smears, gross imperfections (I could have handled little ones). Finally, I decided on the design. I think the DSP is more Real Red than Ruby Red, but the Cosmo is Ruby Red colored with an Aquapainter of alcohol (how appropriate!). I used the same coloring technique for her shirt.
I think many would agree that our gal, Bella, should be on a stamp. :)
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Barely Banana, Not Quite Navy, and Prints DSP, Papertrey white
Stamp: CosmoBella, SU! Lots of Thoughts
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa
Ribbon: Michael's Special Value Ribbon... frayed a LOT
Brad: SU! Build a Brad with Prints DSP