Saturday, March 1, 2008

Illinois Inspiration Room

Well, how do you like that? This week's inspiration room is found in nearby New Salem, Illinois. I drew my inspiration for SCS Inspiration Challenge 117 from the server along the wall. Its granite top and white, wanes-coating-like door were a great contrast. So, I went to work.

I had some marbled paper left over from a previous technique challenge, so I thought that was one less thing to worry about making. I made some score lines on white cardstock to simulate the lines on the door. I really wish I would have had the new Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware in the SU! Occasions Mini Catalog, as it could have tied in perfectly. However, my ol' Hodgepodge Hardware works just fine.

In the end, I love the result. I chose a darker blue, so as not to mute the effect of the "faux granite."

Size: 5 x 5 inches
Paper: Bazzill textured cardstock, white cardstock, faux marbelized glossy cardstock
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Ribbon: Bobbin Ribbon
Stamp: SU! Party Punch
Metal embellishments: SU! Hodgepodge Hardware

1 comment:

khUthU said...

testing my pic in ur blog.. am preety much anonymous. ignore me.