Monday, March 10, 2008

Faux Cloisonne

I must say, the word "cloisonne" has always been synonymous with "must be tricky" to me. However, this was not the case with today's SCS Technique Challenge.

The hardest part of this was finding a magazine picture that coordinated with any sketchy stamps I had. I realized that I do not have many sketchy stamps, so I returned to one of my first SU! sets: Season's Sketches. I love this gift stamp because it doesn't need to be saved for Christmas. I found my magazine design in the January 2008 edition of Real Simple magazine. It was actually a pillow.

The card size is a bit weird. I scored it wrong, and decided to go with the flow, which is why it doesn't fold all the way down. I made it work, though!
Size: 3 1/4 x 7 inches (scored at 2 1/4 inches on the 5 1/2 inch width)
Paper: SU! Not Quite Navy, Ultrasmooth White, and Certainly Celery
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, white gel pen, and Versa Mark marker
Embossing Powder: SU! Gold Glory
Ribbon: some generic gold Christmas cord
Stamps: SU! Season's Sketches and Sincere Salutations
Technique: Faux Cloisonne


No comments: