Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge

Well, I finally got to squeeze in a Beate Weekend Sketch Challenge (#41)! Woo hoo! What looks like it should have taken no time at all took a bit longer, but I love this card.

Actually, you could say this is also a combination of Friday's Limited Supply Challenge and the Weekend Sketch. I was really noticing how much I bought and have not used. For example, the Heidi Swapp Bling frame. Now, I have two boys. To my knowledge, I don't think my scrapbooking will involve too much bling for them. But I just had to have these circles!

Then, I was talking with Karen, who told me about NOT buying anything at Coach this weekend. While I picked myself up off of the floor, I realized the significance of the moment is something only a fellow girl would understand.

I have had the stamp set It's A Girl Thing for forever, and I have barely touched it. Today was its day.

Now, here's the {gasp} part. The background is not DSP. It's part of a silk blouse. Yeah, you heard me. I loved that blouse, but the stitching on the back didn't like that I had to pick up a squirmy two year old. Last Easter, it ripped {gasp again!}, of course in a public place, and I was so sad. It was so cozy! I loved the colors, too.

So, instead of sending it off to the trash or Goodwill in case some seamstress wanted to have at it, I decided to use it in my cards. It's something I loved... and I'll send that off to my amigas. Turning crap into chocolate where ever I go. :)

Size: 3 5/8 x 4 inches
Paper: SU! Basic Black, Eggplant Envy, Ultrasmooth White, and Orchid Opulence
Stamps: SU! It's a Girl Thing
Background: Talbots Silk Blouse
Bling: Heidi Swapp Frames

2 comments:

jjcreations said...

Love the card and the bling. Joan

Anonymous said...

"Turning crap into chocolate where ever I go."

That should be in your signature line on Splitcoast. :)