Monday, March 24, 2008

Flap Fold Card - TLC 161

I am pretty excited to have been asked by ShowMeStamper (aka Beth) on Splitcoast Stampers to be a guest hostess for the Try a Technique Challenge, TLC 161. I have been completing the challenges over the last few months, and I am a little addicted. I saw this technique through the Scor-Pal February "webzine," and I thought it was simple, yet unique. Rose Ann Reynolds created a great tutorial, and, with Scor-Pal's permission, I am simply linking to her excellent work rather than reinventing the wheel. Since she used magnet snaps from Basic Grey, and I could not find any around here to save my life, I thought I would offer challenge-seekers several options for closing their cards. From left to right:

-Card trial #1: I threaded SU! Basic Gray taffeta ribbon through the back of my medallion and tied a bow on the side.
-Card trial #2: I used a small piece of Velcro to adhere the flap.
-Card trial #3 (my favorite one): I used sheer ribbon and SU! Chocolate Chip twill to secure the flap.

The insides of the cards are just as interesting as the outsides, so I photographed them here.

-Card trial #1: I layered three of the colors I found on the designer paper used on the front.
-Card trial #2: I used a piece of designer paper with more texture than image.
-Card trial #3: I used Ultrasmooth Vanilla and SU! Chocolate Chip ink on the Baroque Motifs background stamp. See why this one is my favorite?!

More specs for the cards:

All flaps cut using Cutter Bee Circle Scissor Plus (and Band Aids)

Card #1
Size: 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches
Paper: SU! Creamy Caramel, SU! Basic Gray, SU! So Saffron, The Paper Studio Rust/Mint Small Flowers, SU! Gable Green
Ribbon: SU! Basic Gray taffeta

Card #2
Size: 3 3/4 x 3 1/2 inches (scored this one a little off)
Paper: SU! Night of Navy, The Paper Studio Country Collection
Stamp: SU! For a Friend
Embellishments: Brads (Spare Parts)
Ink/Coloring media: SU! Craft White, Honey Amber and Lemondrop LuminArte paints, SU! Crystal Effects
Closure: Velcro

Card #3
Size: 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches
Paper: Bazzill (base),SU! Ultrasmooth Vanilla, Terra Cotta Paisley (Creative Imaginations)
Ribbon: Sheer white and SU! Chocolate Chip twill
Punch: 3/8 inch square (Family Treasures)
Stamp: SU! Baroque Motifs
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JoLynn...
the cards are wonderful.
definitely trying these today.
Thank you.....I love them.

Karen Kelly said...

How fun! Did you check HL? They used to carry the magnet snaps by Basic Grey...perhaps they no longer do!

jjcreations said...

Had fun doing this challenge today. I love all of your samples. Joan