Thursday, March 27, 2008

More from the Spritz Challenge

I wanted to make a thank-you card for a person who gave me a ton of 3T and 4T clothes her son no longer needed. I opened the tubs she had them in, and they were TERRIFIC clothes. They were in great shape and name brands (I rarely buy name brands on my own). His closet is now full of seemingly "new" stuff! Wohoo!

I thought I would complete an additional submission for today's SCS Challenge. I used the Misting with Markers technique with this card. I first colored a stamp from SU! Mostly Flowers hostess set (retired 2007) with my SU! Certainly Celery Marker. I colored in certain spots in SU! Always Artichoke. Then, with a very light spritz, I sprayed the colored rubber with water. Trust me, I screwed this up a few times. VERY LIGHT SPRITZING!
When it worked, I got a great, abstract feel. Then, I followed a similar procedure with the SU! So Many Scallops image. I decided that some blue was in order, so I used some textured blue Bazzill cardstock. I also matted with SU! Prints DSP in Certainly Celery. My main sentiment, from SU! Phrases for a Friend, is stamped in SU! white craft ink.
My embellishments included grosgrain "leaves" attached with staples and a Bazzill corduroy button brad (Who's Got the Button?). I accented the card with dots that went around the corner in the upper left and lower right, for balance. The card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (folded) inches and is mounted on Papertrey Ink white cardstock. Thanks for looking!

No comments: