Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ink, Spray, and Smash

For today's Technique Challenge, we were to use the "Ink, Spray, and Smash" technique as coined by today's hostess, markie's mom, aka Faith Hofrichter. The tutorial is found on her blog.

To start, I did not have any reinkers. This was the second seemingly cool project for which I was without supplies, so, knowing they were having a crazy 50% off extravaganza, off I went to Hobby Lobby. No reinkers, BUT I did find Memories Mist, manufactured by Stewart Superior. There is a great tutorial on their use at Craft TV Weekly. So I used Mango Lemonade and Amaretto for this card, after trying several combinations.

I had to, of course, do some stitching. It just felt right. :)


Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 in.
Paper: Bazzill textured cardstock, SU! Glossy White (with technique linked above)
Ink: Stewart Superior Mango Lemonade and Amaretto Memories Mists
Stamps: SU! Pick a Petal
Stickers: Life's Journey Black Label (K & Company)
Brads: Flocked Brads (Spare Parts)

No comments: