Friday, March 28, 2008

And another...

Well, I got so excited with my last one (see below) that I forgot the part indicating that we should use flowers. So, here is a submission that follows all the rules.

It helped that I actually had some of my supplies categorized, and "flowers" is, indeed, a category. I purchased these Petal Pebbles by Petals & Possibilities when a stamp store in town was going out of business. I seem to be the queen of impulse sale buying. At the time, I really saw potential, then I forgot I had them. The circular embellishments are self-adhesive. The tag came with the envelope. I must say, it came with sheer yellow ribbon, but that ribbon was in bad shape, so I swapped it out for some velvet yellow. Again, I headed for the letters stickers. A shout out to Kristina Werner, whose Make-a-Card Monday (video linked) a couple weeks back reminded me that sometimes your sentiment can just say, "Hey!"

At first, I thought it would turn out pretty tacky, but actually, I think I can see myself sending this out.

Size: 4 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches
Paper: SU! Night of Navy, Yo Yo "Randy Jackson" Yellow, and Baroque Burgundy
Embellishments: Petal Pebbles (Petals & Possibilities), Fun Expressions Ribbon (Oriental Trading)
Letter Stickers: Granny's Kitchen (SEI)

1 comment:

Karen Kelly said...

I love this and am glad you finally followed directions.