Saturday, March 29, 2008

Featured Stamper

The SCS Featured Stamper (#60) for this week goes by Scrapnextras (aka Laura). Her gallery is awesome and her blog is really instructive. Definitely a community player.

In homage to the work of the weekly featured stampers, we are asked to CASE one of her (or his) works. I chose for my CASE a card Laura completed for a Limited Supply Challenge back in August (before I was a "playah"). Her creation is on the left. I love how she photographs her cards, and this one stands atop a matching envelope. Awesome! Her specs can be found here. I love the color blocking she did on this one.

I decided to try to stick to the challenge as well as CASE Laura's card, so you see my creation on the right. The challenge had the following parameters:

Choose a stamp that hasn't seen ink for a while: Happy Snoopy (changed from hers)

Chose an old sketch: #38 (same as hers)

Chose an old color combo: #33 (changed from hers: Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, and Certainly Celery)

1 or 2 Embellishments: Ribbon (handled the same, but I used Chocolate Chip twill)

Any tools: Cricut (Alphalicious) for the scallop, 2"circle punch, and paper trimmer (a bit different)
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: Bazzill textured cardstock, SU! Prints DSP (Certainly Celery), SU! Blush Blossom, SU! Ultrasmooth White
Stamps: Happy Snoopy (Stampabilities), You Make Me Happy (SU!; texture on BB cardstock), Smile (SU!)
Inks and such: SU! Chocolate Chip, SU! Watercolor Pencils, SU! Basic Black, SU! Blush Blossom, Aquapainter
Ribbon: SU! Chocolate Chip twill

No comments: