Monday, March 17, 2008

Try A New Technique: Negative Cuttlebug

I have to just say it... I adore this card. I started with very little in the idea of a "sketch," and it just ended up looking awesome. We were presented with today's SCS challenge, incorporating inking Cuttlebug templates. Love the technique. I sponged the part of the template with the Cuttlebug logo in SU! Basic Gray. Then, I embossed on SU! Sahara Sand. From there, I decided that it would look better if I had a finer cut around these elements than a square would give me... at first I thought, "This is a BAD idea." Then, I fell in love with them. I used the SU! Theater Ribbon pack for the background ribbon (you can't tie this particular ribbon very well, so it worked fabulously here). I mounted all of these on a panel of Sahara Sand inked with Basic Gray. I used the Build-A-Brads (SU!) with Brocade Background DSP (SU!). The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Everyday Blessings set, which is quickly becoming one of my most used sets. This fit because a friend of mine is joining the Catholic Church Saturday night, and I will give him this with his gift. The corner elements are from that same set. Finally.... GRUNGEBOARD! Gotta love Tim Holtz. I inked the hinge with Gold and Copper Encore Metallic ink... must admit, it's still wet. It might be dry by Saturday (I went overboard). You can also use these as actual hinges, but I was not sure how I wanted to do that with this card. I wrapped the hinge around the back so you still get to see it when the card is open.

Well, I guess I just gave all the specs, except it is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card. Did I mention I love it?!

No comments: