Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sketchy and a Challenge

Today's SCS Sketch Challenge is shown to the left. Whew, it took a lot of thinking. I knew I wanted to use the Baroque Motifs background stamp. After that, the decisions took a lot of hmmmmmm moments.

I decided I wanted to try the "out of the box" technique, as Roxie used in her card and suggested for this challenge. What I learned is that cutting around very thin, tiny elements is a bad idea... hence some parts of the BM stamp are missing in action. I considered stamping below it, but changed my mind a couple times and finally had to say "enough!" I do really like how it turned out, though. I used my Fiskars Fingertip Cutting Blade (shout out to Karen!), and I love how the dsp peeks through at certain places. I just couldn't bear to cover anything with ribbon, so I am thinking the brads were enough embellishment.

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Stamps: SU! Baroque Motifs and Sincere Salutations
Paper: Bazzill textured cardstock, SU! Baroque Backgrounds, Terra Cotta Paisley (Creative Imaginations), Tuscany (Provo Craft)
Brads: Spare Parts
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip (clear heat embossed)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JoLynn....
Alot of work but alot of beautiful.
Yep, the brads set it off.
Really like this card.
TFS