Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a Challenge It Was!

Oh my! Yesterday's inspiration challenge on SCS was a great challenge indeed. We were given a bedroom suit and allowed to run with that. I liked one of the pillows a lot, so that is what I chose. This will be a birthday card for a male, so ribbon as an embellishment was not really appropriate. However, I wanted to give the texture of fabric. So, I used one of the SU! Wonderful Weaves, my Versa Marker, and my Stamp-A-Majig to create stamped texture on the blue portion. I then used a textured Bazzill paper to match the framing of the pillow. I used SU! Suitable for Framing as the intermittent design. I felt that beveled edges would seal the deal... until I got the idea to stitch... No sewing machine readily available... I embossed the SU! Riveting stamp in Encore! Copper metallic ink and clear embossing powder. Then, I used a SU! Jumbo eyelet (Pewter) in the center and backed it with the awesome chocolate mulberry paper from The Paper Company.

More specs below.
Size: 6 x 6 in.
Papers: SU! Not Quite Navy and Chocolate Chip, The Paper Company Tan/Chocolate Double Sided Mulberry, Bazzill textured cardstock
Ink: Encore! Metallic Copper, Versa Mark watermark, Handsome Hunter (SU!), Cranberry Crisp (SU!)
Stamps: SU! Riveting, Wonderful Weaves, Suitable for Framing
Embellishments: Cream thread, SU! Jumbo Pewter Eyelet, SU! Dimensional
Punches: 1 1/4 in. and 1 3/8 in. ciecle punches (SU!)

No comments: