Thursday, February 21, 2008

I agree, he's gorgeous...

Well today's SCS Challenge, Ways to Use It, asked contributors to use a window in some way. I looked at the gallery this AM and was really impressed with the creativity there.

I needed to do some thank-you cards for my son's therapists. As many of you know, my son was diagnosed with autism disorder on the autism spectrum. Since he was about 15 months old, we pursued speech, developmental, and occupatinal therapy for him. The women who worked with him, including our coordinator, were outstanding, and I am so grateful they were an integral part of our intervention process. Well, when Max turns three next week, my carriage turns into a pumpkin... he starts Early Childhood (aka "school"). While he is gaining some new teachers and increased intervention with this change, I can't help but feel a little sad to not team with these great ladies.
So, this card is one of 4. I am going to do each one a little differently, so I'll post them as I have time to make them (Scott and Max are both home sick, so who knows how long that will take!). The window opens to a picture of Max. The sentiment is actually on the inside of the card, so I will probably use the back for my message. Why not? The back is such wasted space anyway. Thanks for looking! And yes, you may tell me how cute Max is. :)


Size: 6 x 6 inches
Paper: Unltrasmooth White (SU!) and Bazzill Bling (gray, I think)
Stamps: SU! Swirl Frame Fun and Many Thanks
Ink: Laurel Leaf (Versa Color Ultimate Pigment Ink), SU! Basic Gray
Embellishments: Photo, wide, sheer ribbon, clear embossing powder (over frame)

2 comments:

Karen Kelly said...

I didn't realize he was starting EC so soon!!! And yes, that little boy is just beautiful!

Darlene said...

I commented on your card through SCS but I will again here. Your little guy is PRECIOUS and your thank you cards are wonderful and I'm sure will be well received!