Sunday, February 24, 2008

Funeral For a Friend

Well, alas, another friend has succumbed to cancer. Isn't it amazing how many "technological innovations" we have... we can carry a computer in the palm of our hands, a laptop can fit in a manila envelope, I can get a phone call pretty much anywhere in the US... You really want me to be impressed? Figure out how to stop cancer. Then I will oooh and ahhh.

Anyway, there are several people with whom I work who were VERY close friends of the teacher who died. I decided to CASE the Featured Stamper for this week, whose gallery is wonderful. Here is a link to her card that I am imitating for this sympathy card. I love how she used the velvet ribbon on her bow, and I am envious at how much cuter her bow is than mine. I tried. :) This is called a joy fold card, and a tutorial by Beate is fairly clear on the sizes and scoring. Below I have listed the specs for colors and such.

I found a very helpful link from "The Stamping Chick." I had bought the SU! Theater ribbon assortment, but it doesn't tell you on the package or the catalog which colors coordinate with which ribbon. Trust me, with the varying textures, it is NOT that obvious. I thought others might find it helpful if they bought the ribbon assortments.

Size when finished: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke (I think), and LeJardin DSP
Ribbon: SU! Close to Cocoa velvet and Chocoalte Chip satin with border
Stamps: SU! Baroque Motifs and MFT Essential Sentiments

No comments: