Friday, February 22, 2008

Using My Own Writing and Envelopes

Today's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge entailed using our own writing. Crazy! I have several cards in which I already have done this. I was so excited to do another. This is a card for my new nephew-in-law. I wanted to keep it masculine, but still add some embellishments for interest, hence the ribbon border and the brads accent.

Some of my other cards using my handwriting include:
Giants card
Husband Valentine
Defeat Autism
Kick Stand Thank You

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, SU! Au Chocolat DSP, SU! Ultrasmooth White, SU! Always Artichoke, SU! Baroque Burgandy
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke, Black Pigmented Calligraphy (Marvy Uchida)
Embellishments: Brads (Spare Parts), Grosgrain Ribbon (Neutral Ribbon Scrap Pack - Paper Studio)

Also exciting and fun this evening... I made my own envelope for a 6 x 6 card. Basically, you need 11 x 17 paper or some roll of paper, as it requires longer than 12 inches for the length. I used my SU! wrapping paper. It was a nice, sturdy weight. I used this Scor-Pal tutorial, also. I was so excited when I finished it. Other than momentary fraction brain farts, it was soooo easy.

1 comment:

Karen Kelly said...

Your hand-written work is really gorgeous here!