Thursday, February 14, 2008

Defining a Challenge

I combined the Sketch Challenge and the Ways to Use It challenge for SCS today, since yesterday was filled with Valentine preparation. I actually had a good time looking at what I had (and didn't have) to make this work.

The question is... at what point do you annoy yourself with your wish list? I have "back-burnered" the Paisley Background stamp (page 136 in the Spring/Summer 2008 SU! Catalog) for forever, thinking I can wait. Well, the Ways to Use It challenge was about using fashion as an inspiration. So, I initially found this purse, and I thought how cool it would be to do some clear embossing on Baroque Burgandy to emulate the texture. Alas, I have no paisley stamps that would even come close to being helpful. So, my next order will FINALLY include that stamp!

So, I continued looking, and I found this purse. It reminded me of paper I had, and the idea flowed from there. Another tool I wish I had is either a Cuttlebug or a Fiskars embossing template to replicate the look of the leather strap. However, I think the paper and hardware I used worked nicely.

This is a card for someone whose zeal perks me up when I am getting down. It reminds me of why I do what I do, and that life "ain't so bad."
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: Bliss Blue (SU!), A to Z Textured Brown (Paper Studio), True Thyme (SU!), Courtyard Paisley (Chatterbox), Ultrasmooth Vanilla (SU!)
Ink: SU! Always Artickoke
Stamp: SU! Define Your Life
Embellishments: SU! Hodgepodge Hardware and Dimensionals


1 comment:

Karen Kelly said...

This card is beautiful! I love the detail with the ribbon slide--nicely done!