Monday, February 25, 2008

Cherish

I really like the simplicity of this card. I tried it to satisfy the SCS Try a New Technique challenge and Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge. It's amazing how dark Night of Navy looks in "person" compared to how much blue it picks up with a flash. I also liked being able to have a faux crackled appearance without worrying about that as a technique.

I went back to work today after three months out to coordinate care for my autistic son and de-stress myself. I made cards for challenges almost every day. I told myself that this had to continue to be part of my life... my therapy if you will. I am so happy that I wasn't to exhausted to play!

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Night of Navy and Provo Craft Tuscany
Stamp: SU! Baroque Motifs
Embellishments: Sheer brown wide ribbon and Pewter Mini Brads (American Crafts)
Technique: Distressing side of cardstock

No comments: