Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yet another sympathy card

This week's Featured Stamper, Michelle (sf9erfan), had some pretty great work in her gallery. I chose to case this one for a sympathy card I needed.

You know, I am pretty sick of cancer. With all the research we have done, there are some cancers that seem to still be automatic death sentences. Lung, pancreatic, stomach, bone, ovarian...just to name a few. We have come so far, but still people have to suffer horribly before dying of these. I understand that everyone has a time at which s/he is slated to "go." It's not really that which I am fighting in my mind. It is this: Why do very good people die very painful deaths? Could a little mercy be shown to them? Must they struggle for air as their families watch on? Oh well, you can probably tell it's 2 AM as I post this. I have been distressed ever since about 5 PM when I heard at church that a woman I knew had succumbed to lung and bone cancer. She was a wonderful, spiritual lady. She will be missed by her family, whom I am sure is glad that she is out of pain and on her way to heaven, while at the same time sad to let her go. This is the part of grief I don't understand... Why do some people endure what seems like torturous death and others die within the blink of an eye? I would like the latter, please.

Now, back to the card. Here are my specs:

Size: 4 1/8 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Bravo Burgundy and Bordering Blue, Papertrey white, Tinkering Ink Yuletide
Stamps: SU! Hope for Comfort
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke
Ribbon: SU! Theater assortment
Brads: Spare Parts

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

This is a beautiful card....I love the colours you've used, and the patterned paper is awesome. Sorry to hear about your friend. Joan