Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Secretaries' Day

Well, I started making these over a month ago. In fact, I was even going to post them for the Dirty Dozen Challenge on SCS when the focus was on office supplies.

Now, here I am, at the 11th hour {surprisingly} trying to finish the cards for our six secretaries {I know... not PC... I guess I am old school} for their big day tomorrow. I think the least I can do is thank them for putting up with me and the things I screw up.

I started by making the little manila files. I bought these ages ago, and I thought they were adorable! Then, I forgot about them, of course. I stamped their names in SU! Lovely Lilac, in honor of our school colors. Then, I put cute ribbon through multicolored paperclips. I had no idea where I wanted to go from there, so they sat on my craft table staring at me.

Finally, I saw tonight's SCS Color Challange and became inspired. I loved Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Pretty in Pink! So, here is my prototype. I have 5 more to make, so I better get going!

Size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches
Stamps: SU! Office Accoutrement, Making Memories Rummage Magnetic Stamp Alphabet, SU! Circle of Friendship
Ink: SU! Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip
Paper: SU! Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Prints DSP in Certainly Celery, index card
Ribbon: SU! Chocolate Chip twill
Clip: Hodgepodge Hardware

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is way cuter than the ones I made! I'm sure the ladies will love them.

If it makes you feel any better, I am up late finishing the Post-It Note pads and matching pens I said I'd make a week ago!