Sunday, April 13, 2008

Featured Stamper 62

The SCS Featured Stamper for this week is Kharmagirl, aka Jodi. Dunno if you could call what I did a CASE, more of an inspiration piece, I guess. The biggest challenge was getting a good photo of this. It was not very cooperative. Once the window was cut, the card, of course, did not want to stay closed. Below is her card that I am CASE-ing. What, you may wonder, makes this a CASE? Well, I saw she had used the stamp "kissing" technique, so I had a desire to use my Paisley background stamp (again). I do not have very many larger stamps with a lot of surface inking area, so I chose smaller circles from SU! Fun with Shapes. They turned out great. I decided to pop a few of them out, as her button pops from her flower. She has a little cit window where "blessed, sweet, and loved" are stamped, so I thought I would use that, too. My sentiment is from SU! Many Thanks. Went a little crazy on my "distressing"... it distresses me. Then I decided to carry a line of brads all the way across. I really like that element. This was inspired by her two eyelets. Her stitching (or faux stitching?) inspired my paper piercing. Alas, my distressing makes that hard to see in the photo. I used some SU! Chocolate Chip twill to keep the card closed. Also, I chose for my main images to be on the left, like hers. I chose a thinner ribbon because, as you can see in her gallery, she mainly chooses thinner ribbons as an embellishment.

Jodi's gallery is cool. I like to go back to the Featured Stampers' first posts and see how they have grown. She has blossomed since she started not so long ago.


Size: 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches

Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Stamps: SU! Many Thanks, Fun with Shapes, and Paisley
Techniques: Paper piercing, square window, distressing
Ribbon: SU! Chocolate Chip twill
Brads: Spare Parts
Paper: Bazzill textured cardstock; SU! Ultrasmooth vanilla

No comments: