Saturday, April 19, 2008

Inspiring Fabric

For SCS Inspiration Challenge 124 participants were asked to consider Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut Fabrics. I used this one as my inspiration.

I tried to reach for patterned paper that I had in my scraps. I remembered Scrapbook Walls Courtyard Flowers. The colors of Heather's pattern were reminscent of this pattern by Chatterbox, and the pattern even had the look of fabric. I decided also to stick with the quilt idea. I simply checkerboxed my Chatterbox. :)

I decided velvet ribbon and brads were the way to go, so I finished it off with that and some faux stitching.
Size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches
Stamps: Expressive Flexible Phrases (SU!), Stitches (The Paper Studio)
Brads: Spare Parts
Ribbon: Orinetal Trading
Paper: Chatterbox Courtyard Flowers, SU! Almost Artichoke and Close to Cocoa
Ink: SU! Close to Cocoa

No comments: