Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Velvety Fun

Well, of course I am going to have to use my new velvet paper! Sketch Challenge 171 was just the ticket. It seemed simple enough (see sketch): use a "lopsided" oval as your main shape. Finding an image that would accentuate that was another story. Enter the Stampin' Up! Rub-Ons from Sale-A-Bration. I love these rub-ons. They are so versatile. AND you can use rub-ons on velvet. How cool is that?
I decided to use the SU! Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. At first, I was afraid the brads were too big, then I thought of the ribbon treatment. Once they served a purpose in addition to decoration, they took on a new life on the card. I also busted out the Cricut for the ovals (George cartridge). Worked wonderfully with the SEI velvet paper. You may also notice the Cuttle bug embossing, again on velvet. I think I am in love with this card!

Size: 5 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches
Paper: SEI Velvet Paper; SU! Chocolate Chip
Image: SU! Rub-Ons
Brads: SU! Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware
Ribbon: Sheer White from Michaels

1 comment:

Karen Kelly said...

You should be in love with it--it's gorgeous! I now of course regret not getting the colored velvet--only got the neutral pack. You can also use velvet to iron on images from your rubber stamps--maybe I'll have to demo that at an upcoming stamp camp!