Thursday, April 10, 2008

Eyelet Scallop

Today's SCS Ways to Use It challenge called for us to use eyelets in some way. I love eyelets and brads... they are some of my favorite embellishments. So this was soooo not a chore.

I recently purchased the Bazzill In Stitch'z Granny Stitches template. It's more for needlework than eyelet setting, but it helped a lot. First, I paper pierced holes with the template. Then, using my a Crop-A-Dile, I punched 1/8" holes and set my white eyelets. Loved the way that turned out.

I chose some Basic Grey Archaic patterned paper. Then I used my Celebrate Life Technique Tuesday set. Half of the proceeds of this set went to the Susan Komen Cancer Foundation. I gotta love that company for their philanthropy. I also bought their set benefitting Autism Speaks. They simply rock.

I inked the edges to try to give a distressed look all around. Pretty cool how it turned out.

Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: Basic Grey Archaic, SU! Mellow Moss
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Eyelets: Making Memories
Ribbon: SEI

No comments: