Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sympathy for a Friend


My card today fulfilled the purposes of the SCS Ways to Use It Challenge. We were supposed to use scissors to snip. I cut out the three medallions on the bottom of the card, mounted them on DSP, and then cut them out again.

Unfortunately, I made this because I needed to use it. A friend lost her sister today. Those of us who work with and love her are going to need to sign the card, so I needed to make it from a full 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Bazzill textured cardstock. The rest just flowed. I do like how it came out. I hope it gives her comfort to know how many of us share her sadness and are praying for her family in its time of grief.

Size: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: Bazzill, SU! Baroque Background and So Saffron

Stamps: SU! Hope for Comfort and Baroque Motifs
Ink: SU! Almost Artichoke and Basic Black
Brads: Spare Parts
Ribbon: Wide brown sheer

No comments: