Friday, April 11, 2008

DIY-DSP

Today's SCS Limited Supply Challenge asked submitters to create their own designer paper element... no patterned paper allowed. I thought it was a great time to use my faux shaving cream flower. I had made it a while back and was waiting for the perfect challenge. Beate's tutorial tells all about this technique.

The hardest part of the whole thing was getting a good picture at night. I played with my little Cool Pix for quite some time. So much yellow... not much white balance range. Yeesh.

My DIY was the pattern on the petals as well as the stamped background. The center of my flower was created with a little metal mesh applicator I bought forever ago.

Size: 4 1/2 x 5 3/4 inches
Paper: SU! Chocolate Chip and Ultrasmooth Vanilla
Stamps: SU! Pick a Petal, Paisley, and Amazing to Zany
Inks: SU! Baroque Burgundy and Almost Artichoke
Hardware: SU! Hodgepodge Hardware

No comments: