Thursday, December 31, 2015

Fit Planning

For 2016, I am going to have a few projects going at once.  It's actually quite exciting for me to continue with my creative mojo.  For this post, I want to share an album I am doing through a class by Cathy Zielske.  I have taken many of Cathy's classes before.  This year, she is conducting a 12-month class that is, again, focused on wellness.  


Cathy is extremely organized and has handouts and videos along the way.  The class is differentiated so that anyone can document in literally any way.  It is set up in a 6 x 8 album, using Snap pocket page protectors.  She is using a Simple Stories album.  I scored this album from Project Life half off at Michaels.  I also got a Snap album with the dividers in it for $8.99 on clearance, so I have the first month of dividers.  

I spent time fiddling with a color scheme, as Cathy offers the .psd files, in which the layers are labeled such that I can change colors.  Oh, happy day!  A contributor in the private Facebook group for this class suggested this site if we were interested in using a color wheel in choosing colors.  

Then, I went back to the welcome video.  After downloading a new driver for my printer (many words were mumbled), I started deciding for the most economical way to print my cards.  Of course, the 8 x 6 pages came first.  I chose to print on Bazzill orange peel cardstock, as I love to print on that.  Then, I placed the .jpg files for the altered 4 x 3 cards in Publisher.  I fit 4 on a page and used a border around them so I could have cutting guides. I did not print them all yet, as I need to wait for some information and selfies.

When I was not ready to print, I made note to myself what files I needed to alter.  I also used Post-its to show what was going to be placed in the different pockets of the album.  I thought I would share this process in a quickie video, with a little Billy Joel background music, as I love listening to him when I am in my craft room.  I hope it is helpful, as planning things out can be a bear.  If you are in the class, don't forget Cathy has a great deal of information in her Welcome .pdf file.  







3 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Love me some Billy Joel! Your album is going to be great! Love your colour scheme.

Juliann in WA said...

Looks like you have a great start!

JoLynn said...

Thanks! Billy Joel is the man!