Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Daily 2015 - Genesis

I have taken the plunge into December Daily land.  This year, I am documenting from December 1 until December 25 in its own mini album.  Many a scrapbooker and scrapbook company gets behind the Christmas/winter holiday theme of this time of year.  I closely follow a few, one of whom is Ali Edwards.  Some of what you will see me use come from her site.  I have also purchased some digital goodness from Cathy Zielske.  Her site and Designer Digitals offer many options for the hybrid/digital scrapbooker.  Much inspiration comes from Pinterest, Facebook groups, and my own head.


I purchased Ali's white, 6 x 8 album, with a gold 2015 medallion on the spine.  I decorated it with this delightful Christmas Magic vellum by Shimelle, some Starfoam dots, and our [SPOILER] Minted Christmas card mounted on some Bazzill red, textured glossy cardstock.



A closeup best shows you the gold foil on the card.  I am in love.  It cost a bit, but considering that Minted creates addressed envelopes for you and gives you this kind of product, it was worth every penny.



I purchased the Ashley G mini kit from Ali.  It had LOTS of foiled details, as well as a color scheme that worked well for me.  Except the pink.  No pink, thanks!  This page uses a 6 x 8 piece of patterned paper from this kit.  I also utilized some of my stash of Thickers (praise God!) for the 25.  Keeping it simple for sure.


A closeup to see the glitter.  I like how my tree lights are reflected in there.


Ali suggests that you name your intention with this album.  I went with it.  I used her free .png file (my reason why) and typed my intention.  Clicking on this picture will make the type more visible.


And here is the simplicity of Day 1.  I used a number card from the Ashley G kit and typed my journaling on my photos.  I slipped them into one of the page protectors that came with the kit.  Voila.  That is how easy I MUST keep this if I am going to keep up.  Just a simple, fun documentation of the year's festivities.

No comments: