Since the theme of January is "Going Out On A Limb," I decided to incorporate that into the binder cover.
I used Papertrey Ink's Mighty Oak stamp and die set. I also incorporated all sorts of inks that I had in my stash. I stamped the trunk directly on the cover, then stamped, die cut, and adhered each leaf.
The final touch included stamping the sentiment and adding some grass with my Prismacolor pencil.
I am not sure I am finished with the cover (I am thinking of a simple frame, but I am fearful to go one step too far), but I think this is an awesome start.
Also for this week, we were to work on a divider. Those who got their kits earlier than I had a BoBunny divider kit to work with which is, alas, no longer made. So, I used an idea I had learned during the December Daily, and I used my packaging from that to create a divider. I cut a kraft tag in half and adhered that with Tacky Tape.
I then stamped the "Jan." from a PTI kit that had not seen ink: Clip Tips. The stars are hand drawn with my Gelly Roll white pen. I love these pens.
Next was to print the calendar provided. (click on photo for a larger look)
The washi tape on the side is actually from the page underneath, but I think it looks pretty cool peeking through. I put a couple of things in that I knew were true so far.
I did not feel like dealing with hole reinforcers as art, although I think the idea is a fun one from the class. Instead, I scribbled some circles around the holes.
My month and my cloud were both heat embossed with Stampin' Up! white embossing powder. The January stamp is from Stampin' Up's Day to Day set. The cloud is from the Hero Arts/Studio Calico Hooray set (I think it may have been discontinued).
We were also to work on the first weekly printout. Here's mine with some Stampin' Up! Bohemian washi to accent.
The doodle circles returned!
There you have it. The start of my going a bit outside of my comfort box (other artists are majorly adding collage...baby steps...). I loved getting my stamps inked!