Sunday, December 20, 2015

December Daily: Days 14-19

Happy Sunday to all!  Motivation + energy + creativity + time combined today, and I was quite productive with my December Daily album.  Many of the pictures were shot and ready, they just needed to be printed and included in the book in some way.  Here's how it unfolded.

I used my materials from the Ashley G kit and created Day 14 on a back-to-back 6 x 8 layout.

The Bingo card was one I had in my stash.  I drew a glittery star over the number 14.  The first part of the day documents what I decided to do for gifts this year for many of my friends/family.

Here, on the other side of the 6 x 8, I documented the process of sending out Christmas cards.  That coincided with the first page, explaining the gifts to Heifer International.  I included some fussy-cutting from some Shimelle patterned paper as well as an actual Peanuts Forever stamp from the stash I used for my cards.  I included a hand-drawn frame on a simple piece of red cardstock.

For Day 15, I used the concept of having the day card be free-standing again.  On the back, I included a card with some of Silent Night on it, as I felt it went well with the Advent wreath photo.  I used Photoshop to layer the [Joy] word art.


I used part of a Becky Higgins page protector for this part.  I wanted to include the portrait oriented photos, but I did not want two more 6 x 8 pages back-to-back with the last ones.

For Day 16, I cut another page protector, this time I cut what held four 3 x 4s and I just used one strip.  Day 16 is also going to include a December calendar page that I am making that documents the events of December.  Since I am typing it, I am waiting to print it until the end.

This is the flipside of Day 16.

For Day 17, I used the free-floating number card again.  I kind of like the concept, can you tell?

On the back, I used a Cathy Zielske card that says "Tree Lovin'," as the next page documents some of the ornaments that adorn our tree and mantle.

I knew I wanted to get my mom's needlepoint in this book.  It is her signature gift.

I took up Ali's idea to use 2 x 2 pieces of wrapping paper.  I used paper that I used as well as paper from gifts I was given for this layout.  I cut the day card to 2 x 2 as well.

This was yesterday.  All I could do was sleep.  I was completely wiped out.  So, on one of my more alert moments, I snapped a selfie.  It's what I do on Saturdays, but especially this Saturday...the beginning of break.

No comments: