Sunday, December 6, 2015

December Daily: Day 6

During a great deal of Day 6, I was spending time at school.  I needed to get ready for a substitute, as I have meetings tomorrow and somebody has to be me.  Then, I wanted to work on transitioning from the fall holiday to the winter holiday on my hallway bulletin board. I thought that would be fun to document.

I needed something for the flipside of the Asti photo from Saturday.  I had bought these acetate sheets from Bella Boulevard, and thought maybe that would be a great place for them, even though it would not be completely see-through.  Just this weekend, my Tim Holtz deco sheets and plate came.  The plate is supposed to make fine die cuts cut with more precision (hence the name "Precision Plate"), and the deco paper is glittery without the glitter and...wait for it...self-adhesive.  So, I used this "Joy" die, which I believe is a Stampin' Up die, and, voila!  A simple, perfect addition to the page.

I was going to just place the two bulletin board pics together.  It looked too busy.  Then I thought to use patterned paper.  The patterned paper alone looked too plain for me.  So, on this page, while I work to take down my fall gratitude board, I used a piece of Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather paper and cut some leaf die cuts to bring in both the blue from the "Joy" page and the brown on this page.

Voila!  Now, it is holiday in the hallway.  I used some Shimelle patterned paper and some Heidi Swapp sequins.  I will Fuse that page tomorrow. I was in no mood for the Fuse tonight, as I had already been tinkering quite a bit.  On the next page: My husband's "It will be fine!" idea.  First, let me say, he took the pic of my son and the tickets and sent them to me.  So I think he was saying, "Hey, put this in the scrapbook."  HOWEVER, his idea to take the 10 year old to see Krampus was, at best, one of his worst.  Max was completely freaked.  I refused to go, as I don't like scary stuff, and WHY would one do that to oneself at Christmastime?  Oy.

A closeup shot of the sequins.  I used glue dots to adhere a few to the front of the page protector in case they got cramped up in one area.

No comments: