Thursday, December 29, 2016

December Daily® Day 9

Since I dedicated Day 8 to food, and Day 7 to Max's concert. I thought on Day 8 I would use some pics I had to pass by.  This is more of a Project Life type of spread today, but I like including that December, while it is filled with crazy goodness, is also a regular month with stuff that goes on.


As I was journaling, it dawned on me that what I was journaling about would have been so foreign to me when I was in college.  So, I went with it.  This page utilizes all sorts of resources.  The upper right hand card is a mixture of last year's December Daily Ashley Goldberg kit and a couple of Story Kits (Old & New...my first one! and Me) from Ali.  The "past/present" was actually one chipboard circle that I cut in half because it was part of the story but not THE story, and having it as one embellishment made it take precedence because of the size of the circle.  The tape was from a Story Kit...not sure which one.  I cut and repositioned it a couple times, as you can see from a little dog earing.  The photos were screenshots from two separate calls, one on speaker and one using Face Time.


The bottom left circle is actually bronze/gold with a hint of glitter.

Journaling: Times have definitely changed.  If you had told me in college in 1988 that college students of 2016 would be calling their parents and being able to see their faces, I would have thought that was something out of a science fiction movie.  We had a phone closet on the floors of our dorms where, if someone answered, you were lucky.  There you sat, having your private conversations in a very public place. I recall wishing for phones in our rooms, which we were told were on the horizon.  I am so happy when I get to hear from Ignatius, be it through a “regular” call or through Face Time, or even just texting. I am sure, for him, it makes the holiday (college definition: finals) time a little more comforting. 

No comments: