Sunday, December 25, 2016

December Daily® Day 1: More labor-intensive than it looks


Finally, now, on Christmas, I am affording myself time to assemble my December Daily album. On my first day of December, I had the most random shots.  I decided to use a purchased digital file from Ali Edwards to give them some coherence.  The template is designed for a 6 x 8 page, but I cropped it to 4 x 6.  I also knew I wanted to use some of her digital paper, so I decided to match up the background of "Around Here" with the blue in the patterned paper.  I created the template for the journaling card using a bit of Ali's "December" handwriting along with Traveling Typewriter font.  Looks easy, but Photoshop was being very strange as I was doing this.  I am sure it could have been much easier!  I added an acrylic star from one of Ali's story kits to wrap up the page.  Here is the journaling:

The month starts off with a fairly average day. Between 7 and 7:30 AM, I am getting myself ready to drop Max off at Corpus Christi Junior High and then traveling to “the 602.”  If he has allocated himself enough time, Max is doing his “sensory” play. This December, I am taking a back seat in my classroom. Mr. Murphy, my student teacher, is in charge of most of the teaching. I have just recently become familiar with television shows again, permitting myself that luxury. “Speechless” is a huge favorite of mine, as well as “Blue Bloods” and “This is Us.” Recently, Maureen, Angie, and I have been gathering elf costumes for the Irving Christmas party. I am in charge of hats and shoes.  Thank goodness for Amazon Prime!