Saturday, January 17, 2009

Warm birthday wishes

This is a second birthday card I needed this weekend. It is also my submission for IC163 on Splitcoast Stampers. We were to find inspiration from PB Teen. I used the room to the left as my color inspiration. I loved the lighter gray with the navy and orange.
I had a lot of different arguments with myself about the design elements of this card. I knew I wanted to use the mitten DSP from the SU! Frosty Day line. I thought maybe I would add some snowflakes, but they just didn't look right. I finally decided on the SU! Sincere Salutations greeting and pulling in the DSP with some clear button embellishments. I added the Spare Parts brads for a metallic feel, much like the inspiration room. I also included a photo of the inside. That message is from the Full of Life set from SU!.
The technique with the buttons is fairly simple. At first, I thought that I could punch out the circles, but I didn't have a punch that fit the diameter of my button sizes exactly... and that bugged me, of course. I decided to cut after adhering, which ended up being a very good idea. I took a small brush and applied a light coating of Mod Podge to the back of each button. Then, I placed the buttons on the DSP. I used my paper piercing tool to pierce the button holes, and opted not to thread them, as that would make the card a little bulky when mailing. I sanded the sides and back a bit, also. I used some Tacky Glue to adhere them to the card.
My other paper choices included SU! Going Gray and some textured navy that might be Bazill, but I am not sure. The ink i chose was SU! Night of Navy. In all, I am fairly pleased with this card.



2 comments:

Ann said...

I LOVE these colors together! Wasn't that PB Teen site so fun to look at?

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wonderfully done !!!!!!!the colors are so pretty together!!!!!
tfs:)
chat