Saturday, January 10, 2009

Real World Color #4 - Warm Color Semi-Wheel

So far so good. Got one page done tonight. Lots of stops and starts.

This page was inspired by Cathy Zielske's fourth Real World Color sketch. Her idea with the colors is that they come from the same half of the color wheel. She was looking toward earthy tones she had noticed on a restaurant in St. Paul, MN.
My idea began with a sticker I bought on a sheet from The Paper Element. It was a great big cardstock sticker that was waiting for just the right page. I thought I had plenty of pictures and thoughts to go along with this theme.
I chose from my patterned papers after that. I used a variety of companies to get the feel of the colors Cathy had chosen. Since I love these color choices, and since I own a scrapbook-store's worth of paper in these hues, my choices were almost endless. I chose: Creative Imaginations Sonnets Paisley, Cosmo Cricket Jack Sprat (red), The Paper Studio A-Z Textured Brown, and vanilla cardstock. Embellishment-wise, I used only a few; the sticker mentioned before, some dimensionals to give the title depth, and brads from Spare Parts. My SU! Curly Label punch was used next to the journaling, mainly to add the paisley pattern in a small way in another area. I distressed the red layer of the title, because perfection would have been all wrong on this page.
I made my photos black and white because they had a LOT of colors going on that would have interfered with the other colors contained in the layout. I think there's more impact this way.
I think this nicely demonstrates my life as I know it. It may look like an oxymoron, but I have learned to embrace the chaos. It's what i call my "new normal." :)

No comments: