Friday, January 16, 2009

Emphasis


In weeks 7 and 8 of the Design Your Life class, the emphasis is on... emphasis... as a design element. For the Real World Design part of the class, Cathy asked us to find emphasis in the world around us... something that is exceptionally large next to something smaller so that one's eye is drawn to the larger item. I didn't make it far before I realized I have real world emphasis in my living room! Check it out. The large mirror above the fireplace is one of the first things people see when they enter my house. And, I must say, it does catch the eye quite nicely. Ignore the pillows... my three year old's attempt at interior design. :) The large windows make quite a statement, too. So large we have yet to figure out what window treatments would not take away from the effect of this design.


1 comment:

Paper Potter said...

Oh, this reminds me so much of my home in Durham, NC. It was my dream home, and yours is just lovely!