Sunday, January 11, 2009

Suddenly...


...last summer...

Ah, what a great song by The Motels. When I was printing these pictures, I was trying to think of a great title for the page, and I kept thinking, "...one summer never ends, one summer never begins..." And thus, a page was born.
For some reason this scanned a little lopsided, so bear with me. Either that or it IS a little lopsided, but in doesn't look as much so IRL. I bought this paper (Sassafras Lass Whale of a Tale) on sale long ago with every intention of doing a swimming page with it. In Microsoft Publisher 2007, there is an option when you change your font color to pick your font, so I chose the blue of the water behind Ignatius' goggles for the font. I chose SU! Brilliant Blue cardstock for accenting as well as for the doodled frames around my photos.
The pictures are from different summers. Ignatius is in a pool in our backyard in 2006. It was never resurrected due to the murderous act it did on our lawn. The photo of Max is from summer 2008. He was going down the airplane slide at Anderson. He loves the slides and the water, that's for sure. Made me remember that the weather in January does not stay around for good.
The theme for this sketch was emphasis. The larger photo was to work as the focal point for the page, with the title bringing the reader's eye to that photo as well.

No comments: