Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Day!

This layout cracked me up, as I am always saying, "Oh happy day!" to my students. So, when I saw it was an option to use Cathy's pre-made template, I jumped on it.

This is her first sketch from week 8, a second week on emphasis. Week 8 uses photo sizes as the key to emphasis. The bottom photo for this 8.5 x 11 layout is 7 x 5 inches. The other photos, of lesser emphasis, are 2 x 2 inches.

I bought this paper with these pictures of Max in mind. I saw it and thought of candy canes. That might be why We R Memory Keepers called it Christmas - Candy in their Write Out collection. It was a nice, heavy paper. On the back, there were four other squares of different patterns. It was a shame not to use them, but I'll live.

The base cardstock is SU! Baja Breeze. It's a Baja Breeze day for me today, I guess. It was the best match for the blue stripe in the paper. I decided to use my Fiskars scallop blade for the top of the main photo mat. I also decided to mat the photo with The Paper Element's Fruits: Strawberry paper to make it stand out just a bit. I had some of this left over from my last card, and the red matched perfectly. I wrote in SU! Rose Red.

No comments: