Friday, January 2, 2009

Ice Work!

Cathy Zielske's sixth week of class focused on the concept of unity in design. For this layout, we used a double-page 8.5 x 11 inch spread. Her point with this sketch is that the continuation of a layout across two pages opens up a perfect opportunity to unify the work.

Here, I used SU! patterned paper with dots that matched different colors in the pictures (look soon for the color focus!). The paper "jumps the gutter, unifying the two pages as one layout. I also slightly jumped the gutter with the title (Thickers Tinsel foil letters... yummy!), placing the exclamation point on the other page.

I decided to go more with gray and navy. Why? Gray day, navy coat... and I like the two colors when they combine.

I got to use some of my SU! felt snowflakes, also. I used one under the dot of the "i" in "ice." Further unity was included by placing a few more of these snowflakes in the lower right of the layout.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Awesome LO! I love the pics of the ice, and the Thickers are too cool--hehe! ;)