Saturday, October 25, 2008

Now this is more appropriate

I mentioned that I had to do some cardmaking, particularly for my sister, since last night's card didn't really fit. My son says, "Why don't you use stars?", which I thought was brilliant, as she is an engineer who works with satellites.

So, I decided that I would take a peek at the featured stamper's gallery. This week's featured stamper is Kay, codename Speedystamper on SCS. She has a great gallery. I had completed a different card, but it didn't do her original justice, so I decided to work on this one. I am much happier with its result. I honestly thought my mojo was slipping there for a bit. I CASEd her submission for SC182.
I decided that the yellow was important, but I had to downplay it, or it would take over the card. So, I grouped it with black, gray, and white. I LOVE the way these colors work together. I chose a very symmetrical take on the card, while using a couple different shapes. I was excited that I had a circle punch for every layer on the sentiment layer. Woo hoo! I used 1", 1-1/4", 1-3/8", 1-1/2", and 1-3/4". For the image panel, I used a 4-1/4" square base of SU! Basic Gray. I then used a 4-1/16" square layer of black. On it, I placed 8 star squares cut with a 1-1/4" punch. Probably the part of the card I like the most is the sponge daubing of the star color. It gives them a "star-like" glow. Adding a little bling, I used Stickles on the center star. On top of the black ink, the Stickles came out a little green. Interesting.
Size: 4-1/4 x 4-1/4 inches
Stamps: SU! Riveting and Bold Basics
Paper: SU! Basic Gray, SU! Yo Yo Yellow, PTI white, black
Ink: SU! Basic Black and Yo Yo Yellow
Also used: Circle and square punches, dimensionals, Stickles

No comments: